Macedon Ranges bars
Planning a country escape and want to know the best bars to go to? Like to get cosy in front of a fire and sip local wine, or catch some summer rays with a cocktail? The Macedon Ranges is home to some cracking good bars to enjoy a cheeky gin, wine, brew or two, whatever the season. Here are a few ideas on where to go….
PS. If country pubs are more what you’re after, check out these tips instead.
Plenty of awesome bars are sprinkled along Piper Street, Mollison Street and High Street to wet your whistle. All you need to do is walk from one end of Piper Street to the other and you’ll discover plenty of cosmopolitan and rustic watering holes calling your name…
- The delectable Miss M’s Lounge serves life-changing-ly good cocktails and delicious tapas.
- Wander further down the street to Major Tom’s for a drink at their bar with a tasty burger.
- Sit at the bar or al fresco-style at The Oaks Grill overlooking St Paul’s Park.
- Swing by Fook Shing‘s bar and lounge for a beverage or two in front of their fireplace.
- Make sure to visit Animus Distillery for their famous gin cocktails and tasting platters.
- Step into another world at Botanik on the top floor of the Royal George Hotel.
- Piper Street Wine Company for delicious wine sourced from local wineries.
There’s even a little urban winery, cellar door and bar, Musk Lane Wine, tucked down a laneway that’s an absolute-must-visit!
In Woodend, get a tasting paddle at Holgate Brewhouse’s Tap Room or swing by the Rock & Wombat Bar at The Victoria Hotel. Feel like a margarita or sangria with a little Mexican on the side? Las Margaritas is the place to go.
In summer, kick back at the family and dog-friendly Full Moon Saloon Bar’s beer garden.
Head to Baringo Restaurant & Bar in New Gisborne, which is located right on the V/Line train route.