Our Social Media Community Guidelines
Last updated 12 May 2020
Our social media accounts provide regular updates about Macedon Ranges tourism experiences and ideas, events and activities. These channels are some of the many ways that the Macedon Ranges Shire Council engages and communicates with the community and travellers to encourage you to explore the Macedon Ranges and share your experiences with us.
If you follow us/visit our page/become a member of our community, you can expect posts/updates covering some or all of the following:
- Information on things to do and what’s on in the Macedon Ranges
- Photos from visitors and the local community
- Information on tourism businesses
- Competitions and giveaways
- General tourism news relating to the Macedon Ranges
- Shared information from Macedon Ranges Shire Council’s other Facebook pages
We welcome your feedback and ideas, and endeavour to join the conversation where possible. However, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive, and it will not be appropriate for us to join all conversations.
Our team reads community postings and ensures that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people at Council.
To keep the conversation focused on the topics outlined above, for general enquiries, issues or complaints about Council services, please contact us in the usual ways so that they can be dealt with by the appropriate person and in accordance with our customer service and complaints resolution processes:
Telephone: (03) 5422 0333
Our accounts are managed by Council’s Economic Development and Tourism unit. While social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation and resource/response capabilities are not. We will update and monitor our account during office hours Monday to Friday and aim to respond to comments and messages within 48 hours.
To report an issue, such as incorrect information that is considered urgent to update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 5422 0333.
We support the following community guidelines and ask that our visitors do the same.
We will follow our staff professional Code of Conduct in our interactions with you on social media. In particular, we will follow these key principles:
- We will be respectful in our interactions.
- We will use every effort to provide factual, relevant and accurate information.
- We will strive for transparency and openness in our interactions.
- We will share credible sources of information.
- We will protect the privacy of others and respect copyright for all content that we use.
We welcome your comments and do not discriminate against any views. We encourage you to discuss and share opinions with others and Council via our Facebook and/or Instagram pages.
To ensure discussions remain on topic and our Facebook and Instagram pages are inclusive and welcoming for all visitors, we do moderate where needed. We ask that when contributing your views to the Macedon Ranges Naturally Cool Facebook page and Visit Macedon Ranges Instagram page, you:
- Keep to the topic of tourism and what’s on in the Macedon Ranges
- Do not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site
- Do not post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political views, religion or disability
- Do not use obscene or offensive language
- Do not post repeat comments continuously
- Do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-government agency
- Protect your personal privacy by not including any contact information on the public wall.
If you don’t adhere to the above, we will moderate and potentially remove your comment.
If you have any questions for comments about this policy, or feedback about our use of Facebook or Instagram, please send us a direct message or contact us via (03) 5422 0333.
We are always looking for fantastic images and video of the Macedon Ranges on social media to share with potential visitors on our own social channels. The types of content we search for via hashtags on Instagram include high-quality imagery of Macedon Ranges villages, natural scenery, wildlife, local attractions, outdoor activities, local accommodation, tours, farmers markets’ and workshop experiences.
When sharing other social media content to our Facebook and Instagram pages, that content will be posted with a photo/video credit acknowledgment along with relevant social media handle.
If users would like to flag their content with Visit Macedon Ranges to consider sharing on our social media pages, we encourage the use of our hashtags #MacedonRangesNaturallyCool, #VisitMacedonRanges, Facebook handle @MacedonRangesNaturallyCool and Instagram handle @VisitMacedonRanges.
If an Instagram or Facebook user would like to request their content be removed, please email email@example.com.
Any information that is provided via our accounts is subject to change without notice. Macedon Ranges Shire Council makes every effort to ensure that the information is correct and current at the time of publication but takes no responsibility for any error, omission or defect therein. Council will publish a correction or clarification if an error comes to our attention. Users are asked to send us a private message or email firstname.lastname@example.org if they believe something has been published in error.
Please direct any enquiries about the Macedon Ranges Shire Council Economic Development and Tourism social media community guidelines or any other aspect of the visitmacedonranges.com website to:
Attn: Tourism Marketing Officer
Visitor Economy Team
Macedon Ranges Shire Council
PO Box 151
Kyneton VIC 3444
Telephone: (03) 5422 0333