Learn about wine in an engaging escape to the Macedon Ranges – not a stuffy, traditional wine course but a cultural retreat with iconic and new wave winemakers, local produce, and benchmarking our local wines with ‘Old World’ European wines.
Hosted at the beautiful Lancemore Spring Hill Estate in Lancefield with presenters Caz Bailey & Kim Pearce. Special guests include Michael Dhillon
(Bindi Winegrowers), Ben Rankin
(Wilimee & Mount Monument), Patrick Walsh
(Cellarhand), and Renata Morello
Caz and Kim have developed a wine retreat combining the best parts of a wine industry trip without the pretension. They have created guided tastings and course notes, wine games and discussions, local produce-focused menus, and made time to relax in a luxe setting to immerse their guests within the Macedon Ranges.
They want guests to come away with likeminded wine-and-foodie folks, learn with lots of practical insights, with no wrong questions, and plenty of fun.
The weekend includes:
- Tasting more than 20 wines (valued at $3,000+)
- Learn about Macedon Ranges and compare European Chardonnay, Pinot Noir & Champagne,
- Lively wine panel discussion with special guest winemakers,
- 5-course tasting menu dinner with local winemakers and importer, and
- Barrel tasting at a local, new wave winery.
The experience features Macedon Ranges top wines – Bindi Winegrowers, Curly Flat, Granite Hills, Wilimee, Shadowfax, Mt Towrong, Mitchell Harris, Macedon Ridge, and Lyons Will
– compared to ‘Old World’ European Domaine Leroy, Bernhard Huber, Taupenot-Merme, Heymann-Löwenstein, Jacques Prieur, Champagne Lacourte-Godbillon, Bollinger
, and more to be confirmed soon.
Investment: $2,175 per person. Early bird pricing
until 30th June 2021 – $1,975 per person. Strictly limited to 30 people.
More information and to book woodendwinestore.com.au/wine-retreat