More from The Old Auction House Gallery
The Old Auction House is a multi-use arts precinct which incorporates gallery spaces, artist studios, and a handmade gift shop. The complex is open 7 days, including most public holidays.
Situated in a timber building from the 1880’s, at 52-56 Mollison St, Kyneton, Victoria, The Old Auction House has undergone renovations with stage one – the Handmade Shop and Studio 1 – opened on April 22nd 2017, while Stage two including 2 galleries and Studios 2, 3 and 4 opened later June 2017.
Within our Kyneton Art precinct The Old Auction House has two gallery spaces, The Main Gallery and The Studio Gallery. Specialising in contemporary art from emerging and mid-career artists we exhibit a range of artists and mediums throughout the schedule of shows each year. The Main Gallery is open to all artists, while the Studio Gallery is reserved for use by emerging artists, community groups, and our studio artists.
With a curated range of the best of Australian Handmade Giftwares the shop is a handmade market housing 100+ artists and designers from the local area and Australia wide, with an ever adapting stock of quality handmade gifts for all the family.
Working studios spaces are home to a variety of artists and community based arts groups, an visitors will have the opportunity to talk to the artists and watch them work. Studio 1, the premier studio, is home to glass artists Leadlight By Ettore, who have been teaching and creating in the Macedon Ranges for over 30 years.
Open 7 days 10am-4pm
Open public holidays.
Closed December 25 - Jan 1 (inclusive) annually
- Accessible Venue