Forest Glade Autumn Open Garden
Forest Glade is recognised as one of Australia’s finest private gardens. It is a gardener’s paradise and a wonderful location for anyone with a passion for photography, drawing or painting.
Located on the southern slopes of Mount Macedon in Victoria, Australia, this magnificently landscaped garden covers fourteen acres (5.6 ha) and has four distinct themes:
- The large English section with its huge exotic trees and masses of colour.
- The delightful Japanese section complete with bonsai house.
- The beautiful woodland area displaying masses of shade-loving plants.
- The cool fern gully.
Bring a picnic and enjoy a day soaking up the magnificent colours of Forest Glade’s autumn gardens, as well as an amazing display of fountains and sculptures collected from all around the world.
Dogs on a leash are welcome, please bring bags to clean up after your pooches. Barbecues are not permitted.
Please note that there is no parking available outside Forest Glade on weekends and public holidays from 27 March to 26 April 2021. Instead, Forest Glade Gardens are running a shuttle bus from the bottom of the mount, straight to our gate.
- The first shuttle will depart Centennial Park (Honour Avenue) at 10.00am
- The last shuttle will depart Forest Glade Gardens at 4.30pm
- The shuttle will operate approximately every 30 minutes.
- The round trip costs $2 for adults, children 16 and under free.
- Admission into the gardens is $10 per person (children 16 and under are free)
- Entry tickets can be purchased on the shuttle bus – cash and card accepted
- Strollers must be small and able to fold down
Mid-week there is limited off-street parking outside the gate. Please note parking signs to avoid any fines.