Lost Trades celebrates the art of skilled manual work, ancient crafts and rare trades, the special tools, traditions, languages and secrets that go hand in hand with these trades, passed down through generations.
Many crafts and trades have been lost to history; traditional trades and industries that once were the backbone to building our country have fallen from our landscape in the wake of new technology, mass production and an ‘on demand’ culture.
The Lost Trades Fair was established to change this; these trades and the incredible artisans and real makers who continue to pursue these trades as a career deserve a platform to showcase their skills, incredible craftsmanship and share their knowledge.
The fair celebrates trades; woodworkers, chairmakers, coopers, tailors, printmakers, ceramicists, whipmakers, upholsterers and wheelwrights. Trades represented at the fair are as varied as knifemaking, french polishing, basket weaving and stonemasonry. Instrument makers and music are presented alongside bookmakers, glass blowers, saddlers and silversmiths.
The Lost Trades Fair will inspire you and show you what hard work, following a passion and true craftsmanship is about.
Support the makers – see you at the fair!
- Adult tickets booked online before February 2019 are $15.00 / after 01/02/19 and at the gate (if available) are $20.00
- Seniors Pension Card tickets booked online before February 2019 are $12.00 / after 01/02/19 and at the gate (if available) are $17.00
- Kids Tickets (5 – 15 years) are $5.00 / at the gate $5.00 (if available) ~ under school age children are free.
- Any unsold tickets (if any) will be available at the gate.
- Due to capacity limitations in 2019, ticket availability at the gate is limited to 1000 tickets.
- All pre-booked tickets are guaranteed entry.
Go to ‘Where to Stay’ on the visitmacedonranges.com website for a list of suggested accommodation to book over the Lost Trades Fair.