Bringalbit Autumn Open Garden
Bring a picnic to enjoy in the autumn garden of Bringalbit.
Bringalbit is a historic property nestled in a gentle fold of landscape in the rolling granite hills of Sidonia, a picturesque drive not far from Kyneton.
This secluded 4-hectare garden has its roots literally in the 19th century. The rich heritage of mature conifers and oaks in an English park-like setting complete with an ornamental lake, forms a tranquil backdrop for the more recent and colourful plantings carefully carried out to scale.
A 60 metre Quince Walk puts on a beautiful display in autumn, while 19th century confers, willow and poplar thickets, Monterey pines and Osage trees add to the historic nature of this garden.
Bringalbit is a unique part of Australia’s rural history. The 1870′s stone homestead, woolshed, stables and outbuildings are a reminder of times past.
The Parkland and Gardens at Bringalbit are open on weekends from 10.00am – 5.00pm.
There is also a little outdoor kitchen where you can make a cup of tea, as well as some chairs and tables if you’d rather not sit on a picnic blanket.
$5 per adult, children free. Purchase on arrival.
Directions for if you’re heading north on the Calder Highway towards Kyneton:
1. Take the exit toward Kyneton/ Heathcote/C326
2. At the roundabout at the top of the off-ramp, take the 4th exit onto Edgecombe Street/C326 (heading to Heathcote/Lake Eppalock/ Melbourne/M79)- for 700m
3. Turn right onto Pipers Creek Rd – for 700m
4. Take the 1st left onto Baynton Rd – for 6.7km
5. Veer left onto Sidonia Rd and continue for 5.7km to Bringalbit Country Retreat