More from Willowglade Retreat and Gardens
Proudly managed by Relax Holiday Rentals.
Willowglade Retreat is a unique escape from busy city life – where the large, private and enchanting garden is all yours to enjoy, including a waterfall, stream, and beautiful established trees. Located in the heart of stunning Mount Macedon (Winner of Top Tiny Tourism Town 2022 for Victoria).
Perfect for couples, families, and friends, the cottage is 2 bedrooms, comfortably sleeping 4 guests: Bedroom 1 with a King bed, and Bedroom 2 with a Queen bed (extra charge for 5th guest on sofa-bed in lounge).
Contemporarily furnished with everything you need to relax and unwind, including a cosy woodfire, Free Wi-Fi, Smart TV with Netflix, SONOS sound system, Coffee Machine, BBQ, & beautiful local art. With a full kitchen and laundry facilities, it is ideal for longer stays – your home away from home!
Less than an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s CBD, Willowglade Retreat is a place to relax, eat, drink, laugh, love, play, create and explore. Close to gourmet food, weekend farmer’s markets, wineries, and wedding venues such as Mount Macedon Winery, Mount Towrong Vineyard, and Lawson Lodge. Easy walking distance to Mount Macedon Hotel, Trading Post Café, Gardens of Tieve Tara, and Forest Glade Gardens. Or a short drive to the Memorial Cross, Macedon Regional Park walking trails, Sanatorium Lake, iconic Hanging Rock, or the townships of Macedon, Woodend, Kyneton and Trentham.
The garden is a treasure trove of rhododendrons, azaleas, hydrangea, established European trees, and newly planted fruit trees – with the waterfall a highlight. Perfect for young and old, the garden provides endless opportunities for exploration and adventure.
We strive for our accommodation to be socially responsible and sustainable, and we take great pride in supporting local businesses and artists.
Key Features include:
– Master bedroom with King size Tempur mattress, electric adjustable bed, electric blanket, electric panel heater, and ensuite
– Second bedroom with Queen size bed, electric blanket and electric panel heater
– The option of converting couch into a Queen size sofa bed for an extra couch surfer (additional cost, prior notice required)
– Second bathroom with bath and over-bath rain shower
– Comfortable open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area with 8-seater dining table
– Wood heater and reverse cycle air conditioner
– Fully equipped modern kitchen with pantry staples, tea and coffee
– BBQ, fire pit, deck and outdoor table
– SONOS sound system, Philips Hue lights, Ultra HD TV with free-to-air TV & Netflix, house iPad with digital access to The Age newspaper, high-speed NBN with Wi-Fi
– Board games, recipe books and reading material.
– Willowglade Retreat is pet friendly so you can bring your fur baby! Pets by prior arrangement only, $25 flat fee. The property is not well fenced and will not suit all animals. House trained pets only. Owners responsible for any damage or clean-up etc.
– The garden has a stream and pond, and for that reason, children must be supervised at all times.
– Due to the location, at times we have bugs & insects inhabit the premise.
You’ll have private access to the whole house and garden. We offer the flexibility of self-check-in with a lockbox.
Willowglade Retreat is perfectly positioned, in the heart of Mount Macedon. Enjoy the privacy, tranquillity and lovely surroundings this cottage has to offer. You will feel a world away from the city, though just 50 minutes drive from Melbourne CBD and 40 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (Tullamarine).
Everything in the Macedon Ranges can be reached by car within 5 to 20 minutes drive. Enjoy walking and bike trails, unique scenery including Hanging Rock, wineries and several gin distilleries, a microbrewery, restaurants and wine bars, art galleries, and artisan workshops.
Minimum 2-nights. Long weekends, public holidays, and peak periods minimum 3-nights. Christmas and Easter minimum 4-nights.
Mount Macedon is a bushfire prone area. As such, guests will be required to leave on days of extreme fire risk (Catastrophic days or if there is an active fire nearby). Unfortunately, it is typical to be made aware of fire ratings only 1-3 days prior. We apologise in advance if this occurs during your stay, however, your safety is our main concern and you will be required to leave. If this occurs you will receive a refund for any night(s) you could not stay. We recommend all guests download the Vic Emergency App so they can receive up to date information about active fires, fire danger ratings, fire bans, road closures, and local emergency warnings.
There is a beehive on the property in the north eastern corner near the orchard. Like any great relationship it thrives on mutual respect. Our experience has been that the bees won’t cause you any trouble if you keep a safe distance – we’d suggest at least 5m. Children should always be supervised in the garden.
Check-in from 3pm, check-out by 10am.
Rate is for 4 guests, extra couch surfer $25pp per night (up to 5 guests maximum).
No parties, schoolies groups, 18th, 21st, hens, bucks, or other all-male groups.
From: $300 to: $450
- Guest Rooms
- Tea & Coffee facilities
- Wood Fire
- Car Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Laundry Facilities
- LGTBQ Friendly