The Kyneton Community Park offers a unique nature based play experience for people of all ages and abilities.
The play space provides children a place to explore, connect, create and play. The play space is free and open to the public all year.
The play space nestles into the informal section of the Kyneton Botanic Gardens and can be accessed from McKenna Drive (off Mollison Street) or from Clowes Street.
The play space features:
- a ropes course,
- giant swing,
- basket swing,
- refurbished tractors,
- sand play,
- balancing logs,
- seating logs,
- a water-play splash pad,
- table tennis, and
- petanque piste.
The play space includes activities and picnic areas for the whole community and offers a connection with local history, nature and the beauty and significant trees of the botanic gardens.
- Botanical gardens with significant trees and plants,
- Open space for people to take a stroll, exercise or a jog,
- Seats and lawn areas to sit and read or just rest and enjoy a break,
- BBQ and picnic shelter and areas for people to gather and celebrate.
- The playground has accessible paths to a variety of activities including a low rope net, water-play and basket swing.
- Accessible car parking is located at the McKenna Drive entrance to the play space.
- An accessible toilet is provided.
- An accessible picnic table is provided.
- Once open (stay tuned for more details), the water-play area operates from 10am to 8pm from December to March.
- It features a range of timed jets and bubblers linked to foot sensors to provide a playful nature-based activity for children.
- A water quality and filtration system is monitored daily and the water-play automatically shuts down should there be any water quality concerns.
- Parental supervision is required.
- Picnic Facilities
- Public Toilets