1. Beef Ragu 2. Mount Towrong Vineyard 3. Mount Towrong Negroamaro
- Soak beef in half the bottle of Negroamaro red wine for 24 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook the beef for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the remaining oil, onion and garlic and cook for 6–8 minutes or until softened. Then, add the carrots and celery and cook until soft.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the wine and cook by scraping the bottom of the pan for 2–3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the water, tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar and stir to combine. Return the beef to the pan, cover with a tight-fitting lid, transfer to the oven and roast for 2 hours (or slow simmer on stovetop).
- Take ragu out of the oven and serve with pasta of your choice (we like to use Orecchiette or Rigatoni).
Pour yourself a glass of Mount Towrong Vineyard Negroamaro and enjoy!
PS. Use promo code: online15 for 15% off while offer lasts.
About Mount Towrong Vineyard
Mount Towrong Vineyard is a small, family-owned vineyard situated 600m above sea level between the slopes of Mount Macedon and Mount Towrong.
Migrating from the Veneto region of Italy, the Cremasco family brought with them their love of food and wine, and this passion continues today.
George and Deirdre began planting in 1996, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. In 1999, Nebbiolo and in 2005, Prosecco.
They practice sustainable farming techniques to harvest high-quality fruit with a low yield. All grapes are hand-picked and vines are hand pruned.
Cellar door opening hours and online store
The Mount Towrong cellar door is usually open weekends 10am to 5pm (however is currently closed during COVID-19 travel restrictions).
Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to their beautiful Italian wine varietals online @ https://www.mounttowrong.com.au/
Share your ragu love
Feel free to comment below about your beef ragu cook up. We’d also love to see pics of your delicious Mount Towrong Beef Ragu. Use the #macedonrangesnaturallycool on Instagram or share a pic on our Facebook page @macedonrangesnaturallycool.