Saturday 27th October 2018
Join an Eat & Drink Safari with The Regional Wanderer
There’s no doubt that the Macedon Ranges’ charm lies in its beautiful scenery, rolling hills and historic villages, but there’s no denying that the true heart of this place is its food, wine and now its gin…as well as the talented people who make it.
This small group, culinary safari captures a great cross-section of our region’s offering and also gives a glimpse of our heritage along the way.
The adventure is far from just tasting – it delivers so much more. The Regional Wanderer gets you amongst the vines, onto the production floor, into the kitchen and face-to-face with the passionate people who make what you’ll be tasting. And you won’t just taste – you’ll learn a little too.
- Visit, experience and meet first-hand 4 of the best and award-winning boutique food and drink producers in the region.
- Enjoy a delicious winery lunch and private tastings with each of our tour partners focusing on food, cool climate wines, cheese and gin.
Your Accommodation for the Night @ Hesket Estate
At the end of the Eat & Drink Safari, you will be returned to Hesket Estate’s Spud Diggers Hut for an evening of relaxation. Your comfortable hut includes queen accommodation, cooked breakfast provisions (continental breakfast) for Sunday morning and a bottle of Estate wine.
Note: Guests will need to be at Hesket Estate at approx 10:00am Saturday to join the small group tour (exact time re-confirmed to guests the day prior). You may not be able to check into your accommodation at this time.
Sunday 28th October 2018
Ever heard of Hanging Rock? Something about a picnic maybe?
Well if you have, yes this is place that shot to fame following the book and film ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’. But irrespective of whether you have or you haven’t, there’s so much more to this place that The Regional Wanderer can show you.
On this three hour, small group adventure you will discover the mystery of Hanging Rock – a rare 6-million-year-old volcanic plug which years of exposure to weather and erosion has created the most brilliant rock formations. It’s one of the best examples of its type in the world!
And if you’re lucky, you’ll spot some local wildlife too.
- Visit and experience Hanging Rock Reserve, one of the most well-known attractions in Victoria.
- Go on a guided tour to the summit, where you will walk beneath the ‘Hanging Rock’ itself then visit some of the best viewing points that take in the sweeping vistas of the region from high above. There’s also free time to explore the Reserve.
- Enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic lunch for you to truly make this experience your picnic at Hanging Rock.
You weekend adventure concludes with return transport to Hesket Estate where your weekend of fun concludes. PS. You can choose to book an additional night at an extra special rate if you wish.
*Full terms and conditions of entry in competition entry link below.
Stay in the Loop
Follow Macedon Ranges Naturally Cool on Facebook for competition updates and more!