The Cook’s Quarters is a beautiful rustic miner’s cottage, located in the heart of the Macedon Ranges wine region.
Rustic Miners Cottage with All the Mod Cons
The Cook’s Quarters is the perfect country retreat, close to wine country and featuring a chef’s kitchen with sprawling back garden.
Originally constructed in the 1900’s, the cottage has been modernised, with extensions added in the 1960’s and 1990’s.
The property backs onto an expansive rear kitchen garden, featuring a number of above-ground garden beds, fruit trees, roses and many a shady nook to relax and enjoy some quiet time with a cup of tea or a glass of wine. Pets are warmly welcomed at the Cook’s Quarters, but please be aware that the property is not completely fenced.
The rear of the cottage features an ambient, character-filled kitchen and dining zone with cathedral ceiling leading out to both the large undercover back verandah and cosy internal courtyard – the perfect spot to spend a lazy afternoon or share meals with friends and family. If you’re feeling energetic, there’s also a putting green, sandpit and basketball ring on the property.
- 3 bedrooms (containing 4 beds total), including provision of bed linen and towels
- One large bathroom with a shower over clawfoot bath and separate toilet
- Free, high-speed Wifi and TV with Netflix / “Fetch” Box
- Fully equipped kitchen with SMEG appliances including 6-burner chef’s stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge
- Property is pet-friendly, but not completely secure
- Reverse cycle A/C in the kitchen / dining zone and central heating throughout the house (ceiling fans in some bedrooms)
- All linen, towels and toiletries provided
- Milk, coffee, tea, seasonal muesli from Castlemaine muesli and a well-stocked pantry is provided for all guests (plus help yourself to herbs, veggies, fruit and other items from the garden)
- Portacot, high chair and kids toys and books provided (although not baby proofed)
- There is a putting green, sandpit and basketball ring in the garden which is all yours!
Accessibility: Paved pathway leading to front entry. No steps on approach to property. One-story property, with living, dining and kitchen areas on the entrance level. Floorboards throughout the house, with carpeted bedrooms. Separate toilet is accessible on the entrance level. Off street parking available.
NOTE: Shower is located over clawfoot bathtub.
From: $195 to: $
- Guest Rooms
- Breakfast Provisions
- Tea & Coffee facilities
- Car Parking
- Pet Friendly
- Laundry Facilities
- Portacot / High Chair available
- Disabled Access