Experience Spring in the Macedon Ranges of Victoria
Macedon Ranges in spring is a feast for the senses. Our villages are abuzz with festivals and fairs, bulb flowers and blossom. There is so much to experience and enjoy! Dust off winter with a spring road trip to the Macedon Ranges and immerse yourselves in good old fashioned country hospitality.
- Visit award-winning cellar doors tucked away off quiet country roads.
- Stock up on local farm produce at our weekend farmers’ markets.
- Rejuvinate the soul at a country style B&B with all the bells and whistles.
- Soak up the serenity at Open Gardens dotted around the Macedon Ranges.
- Picnic under ancient oak trees and amongst beds of daffodils in local botanical gardens.
- Follow our cycling trails from village to village, or off-road in the Wombat Forest.
Budburst & Wine Tasting in the Macedon Ranges
Experience fantastic wine, local produce and entertainment at the annual Macedon Ranges Food & Wine BUDBURST Festival held on the 17th & 18th November, when the region’s vignerons throw open their doors in celebration of buds bursting on a new vintage.
Cellar Doors in the Macedon Ranges
Or visit one of the many cellar doors dotted throughout the Macedon Ranges. Our region boasts the coolest grape-growing climate of any wine region on the mainland. The small quantities of exceptionally high quality and award-winning wines produced are a reflection of our unique climate and topography. The Macedon Ranges is also one of the few regions in Australia where the wineries and vineyards are owned and operated almost exclusively as small family concerns. There’s a good chance it will the winemaker themselves pouring your tasting at their cellar door!
Open Gardens & Floral Workshops
Are you a flower lover or garden fan? Visit historic and iconic homes that fling open their doors to the public during the months of spring. Macedon Ranges Open Gardens invite you to explore hundreds of botanical species and gather inspiration for your own garden, including the famous Gardens of Tieve Tara and Forest Glade in Mount Macedon. Enjoy a cup of tea in the historic gardens of Bringalbit, where peacocks freely roam. Alternatively, pick your own peonies at the Romswood Peony Farm Open Weekend or participate in a celebrity floral workshop at Crofters Fold.
Daffodil Spotting in the Macedon Ranges
The Macedon Ranges is renowned for daffodils parading their happy yellow petals along country roads, throughout parks, and in local gardens. Bring a camera and take some happy snaps amongst the daffodils at places such as the:
- Kyneton Botanical Gardens
- Campaspe River Walk
- The ‘Golden Mile’ (head down Piper Street, Kyneton and exit town towards Malmsbury)
- Malmsbury Botanical Gardens
To find out more about individual open gardens, flower farm open days and floral workshops go to visitmacedonranges.com/whats-on/