Exploring the vibrance of Autumn in the Macedon Ranges of Victoria
Autumn in the Macedon Ranges is an explosion of colour – there are so many places to see and experience the vibrant colours this season offers. Both Macedon and Mount Macedon in particular are recognised as one of Victoria’s top destinations.
One of the largest visited locations is Honour Avenue, Macedon, boasting 154 Pin Oaks that line the road in hues of reds and oranges as pictured below.
Please note, no parking is available on Honour Avenue, Macedon throughout April; however dedicated parking is available at the nearby Tony Clarke Reserve – only a short walk away – just follow the signs.
Wander through the Open Gardens that show off their autumnal colours, where you can explore hundreds of botanical species and gather inspiration for your own garden. To find out more about individual Open Gardens go to visitmacedonranges.com/whats-on/. This year Forest Glade and Gardens of Tieve Tara on Mount Macedon are the 2 gardens that will open 7 days a week.
The ever changing autumn colours make for a photographers and artists paradise; pack the camera or easel and try to capture that perfect moment.
While you’re here, why not make the most of your visit? Macedon and Mount Macedon are buzzing with a great mix of pubs, cafés, restaurants, bars, nurseries and art galleries to explore.
For more information view our map of Macedon and Mt Macedon > > AUTUMN MAP – Macedon and Mt Macedon
Other popular Autumn locations in the Macedon Ranges.
- Gisborne Botanical Gardens 6 Aitken St, Gisborne
- Kyneton Botanical Gardens & Kyneton Community Park – 2 Clowes St, Kyneton
- Campaspe River Walk – 15 Mollison St, Kyneton
- Lancefield Park Recreation reserve – 62 Chauncey Street, Lancefield
- Lions Park Reserve – 63a Main St Riddells Creek
- Claret Ash lined Main Street, Romsey
- Avenue of Honour – Woodend
- Woodend Children’s Park – 12 Nicholson St, Woodend
- Five Mile Creek – Located alongside the charming Five Mile Creek – good starting point behind Woodend Information Centre
Don’t forget to visit the wineries as the vines are absolutely magnificent at this time of the year! A great excuse to try our magnificent cool climate wines.