The Millett Road Maker is opening up its farm gates to let you in on Simon’s sourdough secrets…
After years of experimentation, Simon will share his favourite sourdough starters, recipes, implements, and his tips for the perfect crusty loaf.
Join us on our property in Gisborne South, where you will learn the secrets of real sourdough in our purpose built on site bakery. We will enjoy lunch with a view from our kitchen, and you’ll end the day having baked your very own loaf!
For the aspiring bakers out there, upgrade the Professional Baker’s Pack and you’ll go home with the same equipment I use to turn out my sourdough loaves 5 days a week!
- A hands-on demonstration of the sourdough process – from starter to a hot delicious loaf!
- Your own handmade sourdough loaf and your own dough to take home and bake
- A recipe booklet of Simon’s sourdough recipes
- Your own active sourdough starter to take home, along with 500g of each of Simon’s freshly milled wheat, and rye flours to get you started.
- Morning Tea and Lunch – grazing on freshly baked sourdough, cheese and goodies, and a home cooked lunch.
- Places are limited to 6, to ensure everyone gets the most out of the workshop.
THE PROFESSIONAL BAKER’S PACK
For those of you keen to turn out consistent, professional quality, loaves at home add on this pack to get your hands on the same gear I use to make real sourdough loaves five days a week! The pack includes:
- Australian made Mackies Bread Pan Set
- Professional Baker’s Mitts
- Professional Dough Divider and Bowl Scrapers
This is a combined value of well over $150!