A weekend in the Macedon Ranges, staying on a beautiful farm, dining in one of Kyneton’s magnificent restaurants. How good does it sound? Here’s a taster of what your weekend would be like…
Bunjil Farm is a rural retreat and licensed hemp farm set in the foothills of the Macedon Ranges, a short ten minute drive from Kyneton. It is a quiet, peaceful spot with an old coach house, blacksmith’s shop and stables dotted around the property.
The rambling old country homestead provides comfortable accommodation in a king size room. There are also simple breakfast provisions included, such as fresh bread, spreads, cereal, milk, juice, yoghurt, tea and coffee.
Wild gardens and established trees provide a beautiful setting for strolls, and your host is also available to take you on an optional tour of the property to learn about its history and hemp production.
Also included in your stay is a special tasting of Bunjil Farm’s healthy and delicious hemp products, such as hemp seed dukkah and hemp oil.
The superb Colenso restaurant on Kyneton’s High Street is well known for a gourmet menu focusing on produce from nearby farms and small-scale producers. Its menu plays with local ingredients that are farmed in most instances within 15 to 30 minutes from the restaurant. Expect to taste magnificent beef, duck, honey, eggs, nuts, olives and mushrooms from surrounding properties, including hemp oil from Bunjil Farm.
In addition to a carefully curated menu, Colenso’s beverage list shines with award-winning cool climate wine from the Macedon Ranges.
Freshly baked tarte tatin. Yes please! Image credit: Lazlo Evenhuis
Autumn Produce Hamper
To complete your autumn harvest experience is a beautiful gift hamper filled with goodies from local producers, including:
- Half a dozen jars of tasty sauces and treats from Kyneton-based, award-winning condiment maker Emelia’s, including their famous pickled onions
- Herbal tea from Kyneton-based Tea of Earth
- Macedon NV Brut Rose from Hanging Rock Winery
- Cured Hanging Rock Beef by Hanging Rock Winery
- A bottle of Panther Shiraz from Cloud 9 Farm
- Locally grown olives and olive paste from local farm Olive’s Olives
- Homemade biscuits by Kyneton providore and cooking school Piper St Food Co
- Seasonal blend coffee from the famous Moto Bean Coffee Grinders (a delicious blend of Brazil, Ethiopia & Columbia with tasting notes of wild berries, sticky toffee & caramel).
The hamper will be available for you to collect during your stay at Bunjil Farm.
During Your Stay
There is so much to see and do in the Macedon Ranges.
- Time your stay with the Kyneton Farmers’ Markets held on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- Book a food and wine tour with The Regional Wanderer or Trips all Round or design your own self-driving cellar door experience.
- Bring your bikes and ride along the tranquil Campaspe River and wide streets of Kyneton.
- Go bar and restaurant hopping along historic Piper and High Streets.
- Get your retail fix shopping in one of the many wonderful homewares, vintage and new clothing stores, art galleries and antique shops.
- Pick up some fresh plants for home from the many garden nurseries.
- Go on a self-guided walking tour of Kyneton’s historic streets and buildings, soaking up all the pretty gardens along the way (pick up an Historic Walking Tour map from the Visitor Centre on High Street).
Enter Now to Win
Don’t miss the opportunity to win this fabulous autumn harvest retreat. The prize is valid for six months from the date it is awarded, giving you plenty of time to plan your getaway. Click on the link below to enter now!