1. Rustic, pooch-friendly accommodation by Flop House in Kyneton 2. Outdoor film screening at Hanging Rock 3. Ride a bike around historic Kyneton
2. Dinner at a winery
In the pastoral village of Lancefield lies a gem of a vineyard. Cleveland Winery is surrounded by grapevines, grazing cows and manicured gardens. It also offers on-site accommodation, so you can wake up to stunning country views.
On Valentine’s Day, Cleveland Winery is putting on a three course dinner at their rustic Carriage Restaurant. This special dinner includes a glass of sparkling when you arrive and a long stem red rose per couple. The winery also boasts a unique underground wine tasting cellar, perfect for an appertif.
The next day, take a trip around the laneways of Lancefield where you’ll discover more award-winning wineries.
3. Edwardian picnic and vintage carriage ride
Let Rose, Stephen and their trusty horse Patrick take you on a super romantic ride through the countryside. Travel in Yesteryear Today’s vintage carriage of the ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock era’. You can choose from a variety of rides such as the historic Cobb & Co stagecoach route, Hanging Rock Winery and Kyneton Botanic Gardens.
And to really get into the yesteryear swing of things, Rose and Stephen can set up an Edwardian-style picnic with antique silverware and gramophone. How romantic is that?
- Rides depart from Hedge Farm in Carlsruhe, which is just over an hour from Melbourne CBD.
- Call Rose on 0411 468 117 for packages and availability.
4. Bike ride and spa treatment
Check out the cute accommodations in Kyneton by Flop House that offers bike hire for guests. They’ve even created a special bike map with their favourite route to ride.
Drop by Animus Distillery on Piper Street for a cheeky cocktail. Gather picnic supplies and cycle to the Kyneton Botanic Gardens for a lazy picnic. Or dine in one of the town’s brilliant restaurants for dinner, such as the Chef-Hat restaurant Midnight Starling or Asian-infused Fook Shing. Oysters your thing? Head to the fabulous Parklands Kyneton over the Valentine’s weekend and mention the V-Day special for a dozen freshly shucked oysters and glass of local sparkling for $40.
And for the ultimate pampering, book a holistic treatment at Maiaveda. But you better get in soon, as they are extremely popular.
The following morning, head to the beautiful village of Malmsbury for their monthly farmers’ market and a stroll through the instagram-worthy Malmsbury Botanic Gardens.
- Kyneton is approximately 1.25 hours from Melbourne CBD.
- You can also catch the V-line train that departs from Southern Cross Station.
- Visit Flop House for accommodation ideas
- If Flop House guesthouses are booked out, check out these Kyneton accommodation options.
- Malmsbury is a 10 minute drive from Kyneton and can also be reached by train.
A luxury mountain retreat more your thing?
Check out these stylish five Mount Macedon retreats a stone’s throw from Melbourne. Or visit our Macedon Ranges Naturally Cool Facebook page for the latest accommodation packages over the Valentine’s weekend.
Mistwood Mount Macedon